Thursday, January 26, 2012

Superbowl Halftime Show - Cee Lo Green?

Cee Lo Green and Madonna Halftime Show

It appears that Cee Lo Green, famous for "Forget You," will be joining Madonna on stage for the Superbowl Halftime Show. I'm not sure how much I agree with this decision.

Sure, I love the Madonna choice. I could listen to "Like A Prayer" all day. But Cee Lo Green? Really? This is the Superbowl Halftime Show. I'm willing to bet 50% of Americans don't know any of his songs other than "Forget You."

The last few years there have been some great acts. The Black Eyed Peas, The Who, Bruce Springsteen.. I'm just not sure if Cee Lo Green has earned his spot yet. Also, Nicki Minaj may be joining Madonna on stage.

I am a Nicki Minaj fan, but she doesn't seem like a good halftime choice. The Superbowl Halftime Show is watched by a lot of families, and I don't see Nicki Minaj as a "family" artist.

If I'm going to criticize their selection, I should be able to suggest a better idea. After the success of her last album, Katy Perry would be an excellent choice. Or maybe Lady Gaga, who can put on an entertaining show. But who knows, maybe one or both of these two will be headlining halftime shows in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment